I’ve been thinking about this for awhile, and while I’m deeply grateful to the people who have nominated me for the Liebster Award (three times!), the Well Wisher Award, and for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, I find that I just don’t do these kinds of things well. Mostly because they require me to go forth and nominate other people for these awards and I’m just too timid for that kind of thing. It’s like walking up to a stranger’s door and ringing the doorbell so I can say “Surprise! You don’t know me, and I don’t know you, but… you’ve won this thing that you’ve never heard of. Here, I’m sure you’ll like! And based on what I saw walking up to your door, you deserve it! Thanks! Bye! Oh, and don’t forget to give this to five more people, because it’s just a great thing to pass around.” I can’t do it. It’s not in me.
It’s not that I don’t think other bloggers should be awarded for their blogging efforts, and I understand all about the virtues of networking. I just don’t like doing it. Full stop. So, thank you, everyone, for the nominations. But I’m just going to have to declare my blog an award free zone.
That being said, I love answering questions so I’ll go with the Lipton Questionnaire also known as the Inside Actor’s Studio Questions. I’ve always wanted to answer those. ^_^ The questions originally came from a French series, Bouillon de Culture hosted by Bernard Pivot — his were slightly different. But a lot of people know them as the questions that James Lipton asks his guests at the end of Inside the Actor’s Studio. You’re supposed to say the first thing that comes to mind with no explanation.
- What is your favorite word? Purple
- What is your least favorite word? Discord
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Intelligence
- What turns you off? Condescension
- What is your favorite curse word? Goddamnedmotherfucker
- What sound or noise do you love? Wind
- What sound or noise do you hate? The ringing in my ears
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Owning a store
- What profession would you not like to do? Telemarketing
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome aboard.
Thanks, y’all for understanding.